Monday 16 February 2009

Signs of Spring!

I used to love winter. I loved playing in the snow, I loved those crisp, clear days were the sky is bright blue and there's frost on the ground. I loved coming in on a freezing day to a roaring wood fire and I loved snuggling up at night with a blanket and slippers. But it has gone on for far too long this year, and now I'm fed up.

To cheer me up, I'm going to look for one sign of spring each day. If I can photograph it or make something with it, then I will. But more importantly, I will try to write several times a week about the beautiful signals that tell me that spring has nearly sprung.

So today, it was the sight of some tiny, not fully opened snowdrops that had jumped up by the ash tree in our front garden. Their nodding heads reminded me that the last snow we had melted pretty quickly, and that yesterday I went outside with a jumper but no coat. They were so beautiful, and they have really lifted my spirits. The first sign of spring all year is always the most perfect.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE spring too..me I cant wait for summer to finish..i am well and truly OVER it..lol

    love those owls :0)

    ReplyDelete